- TopSpin’s Ian Rogers provides a great guide to marketing your band. One of the quotes that seems most interesting is “Don’t sell ANYTHING until you have 2,500 fans.” Getting Practical: A Step-By-Step Guide to Building an Online Marketing Plan That Works
- Chris Rocket at Promote Your Music discusses how to get new fans through guest blogging.
- NoiseTrade allows musicians to trade music for an e-mail.
- 3 E-mail Marketing Tips for Musicians
- Another Chris Rocket post about engaging your fans daily.
- How being the Constant Guinea Pig can help your creativity
- A great podcast with Big Kenny. I found it very inspiring for writing music and carving your own niche.
- Use cover songs to generate revenue.
- 7 ways to market a single.
Touring and Playing Live
- Engaging in local blogs, QR codes, and protecting your money. 10 Tips For Touring
- Eating pizza right before you gig could kill your vocals. Learn what to eat for your vox.
- Never give up. The secret to sucess is persistance.
- And similarly, Lefsetz wrote about music and perseverance.
- 10 Lessons on marketing from KISS.
- Failure has to be an option.
- How to tell if you’re successful? Look to the third ring.